Please select the financial assistance program below for more information.
University Staff Child Care Grant
- University Staff Child Care Grant Brochure (English, Spanish, Chinese, Hmong, and Tibetan)
- The UW Office of Child Care and Family Resources (OCCFR) has provided child care grants for University (formerly Classified) staff since 2003.
- Note: This is a one-time grant that cannot cover structural deficits in your child care costs. For low income employees who are in need of this type of assistance, please view the Community Assistance page.
Flexible Spending Account
- Money taken pre-tax from monthly income to pay for dependent care. Employees must sign up for this benefit by contacting the Human Resources Department.
- The Kids Kare program makes back-up care affordable for UW-Madison students, faculty and staff by offering a reduced rate at Little Chicks Learning Academy.