Below are campus and community resources that student parents may find helpful.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
FOOD & BASIC NEEDS
- The Open Seat – UW Student Food Pantry
- Badger Fare Program: Program for students experiencing temporary and ongoing food insecurity
- Campus & Community Resources
- Basic Needs Resources (UW Financial Aid): Resources for food, health insurance, mental health, internet & technology.
- Madison & Dane County Public Health: Food Assistance, health care, housing & utilities, and more.
- City of Madison Health & Safety Resources
- Pregnancy Helpline: Offers child needs assistance for diapers, clothes, etc.
- UW Madison Transportation Services: Bikeshare, Campus Bus, Carpool, Emergency Ride Home, etc.
- Wisconsin app: An app for real-time tracking for all campus bus stops.
- ZipCar: UW-Madison has partnered with ZipCar to provide student memberships to its car-sharing service at a reduced cost.
- Student Parking
- SAFEwalk – A free, nighttime walking companionship service to help you get to and from near-campus locations safely.
HEALTHCARE & MENTAL HEALTH
- UW Student Health Insurance Plan
- BadgerCare Plus: Health care program alternative to the UW Student Health Insurance Plan. It helps low-income children, pregnant people, and adults in Wisconsin.
- UW Mental Health Services
- UW Recreation & Wellbeing
- The Rainbow Project Child & Family Counseling & Resource Clinic
- Dane County Disability Services
- Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN)
- Aging and Disability Resource Center: Resources for older adults, people with disabilities and their caregivers and families.
REPORTING, RIGHTS, & ACCOMODATIONS
- Dean of Students Office – Pregnancy and Parenting Students: Ways to support pregnant and parenting students including absences, rights, and accommodations.
- Equal Opportunity Complaint
- Report Bias or Hate Incident
- Report Sexual Misconduct
- Survivor Services
- Emergency Support (UW Financial Aid)
- Crisis Loans & Grants (Dean of Students)
- Respite Center: Emergency child care for families in crisis.
- Emergency Child Care Grant: Office of Child Care & Family Resources grant for child care coverage in cases of crisis situations (death in family, unexpected loss of job, etc.)
For urgent (but not emergency) child care needs, see Hourly/Back-up Child Care Services.