TB Tests/Physicals for Student Workers
in Campus Children’s Centers
TB Tests and physicals are required for UW students who are employed within campus children’s centers. For students who are unable to obtain these services through their own provider, The Office of Child Care & Family Resources will provide authorization for payment (to UHS only) so that the student worker meets licensing requirements for child care employment. These fees are paid in full and are made possible through UW Madison student segregated fees.
Please note that the UW student should always use their regular health care provider first and seek this no cost option at UHS ONLY when needed due to lack of other access.
For TB Tests and Physical Exams:
- Students seeking financial assistance for physicals will complete an Occupational Medicine Requisition, and obtain the center director’s signature.
- Director will then contact OCCFR (Angus or Marcia) with name and contact information of the student. OCCFR will then contact UHS to let them know to contact the student and that funding will go through OCCFR.
- UHS will contact the student directly to schedule an appointment.
- Student should bring the Occupational Requisition and the required paper work for state child care licensing to their UHS appointment. (This paperwork is required to have AT the appointment in order to serve the student)
- OCCFR will pay for authorized student childcare workers for work related TB testing ($15) or work related physicals ($40).
- Billing must be prearranged by following the instructions above.