University Child Care Committee (UCCC)
What is UCCC?
The University Child Care Committee (UCCC) founded in 1970 continues today to address the ever pressing needs of early education and child care on campus.The committee is advisory in nature and is charged with providing recommendations to the Provost and Director of the UW Office of Child Care & Family Resources regarding:
- The vision and mission for campus early education and care.
- Implementation of a comprehensive campus early education and child care system, in light of the committee's vision and mission.
- Annual evaluation of operations of the campus early education and care system, in light of priorities and principles for campus set by the committee.
- Needed improvements in the child care system, including proposals for expanding services, staffing and/or resources.
- Accountability of all existing and proposed child care facilities, programs and services for meeting the requirements of UW System GAPP #88, particularly related to accreditation, quality, affiliation and mission of campus children's centers.
- Priorities for allocating spaces and facilities for child care.
Faculty, staff or student parents who wish to address the committee are welcome to contact Lynn Edlefson, (608) 262 -9715.
Committee Members and Meeting Schedule
The UCCC includes faculty members, academic staff, classified staff and students with representation from the Dean of Students Office, the Teaching Assistants Association, non-represented classified staff, staff from the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs Office, parents and other interested individuals. For a current list of members please contact Lynn Edlefson.
The UCCC meets 3-4 times during the academic year and schedules additional meetings as needed.
To become a member, request information or place an item/issue on the agenda, please contact Lynn Edlefson, (608) 262-9715.